Smart Thermostat Installations in Tampa, FL
Smart Thermostat Installs Done Right.Or Our 5-Star Technicians Will Make It Right.
Smart thermostats can help Florida homeowners reduce their energy bills, remind you to change your air filters and schedule tune-ups, and better manage your humidity and comfort levels.
Red Cap Plumbing, Air & Electric has installed smart thermostats for Florida homeowners for nearly two decades. We install a variety of brands and models to match your needs, budget, and energy consumption goals. And we always provide upfront pricing for your installation.
If you're not 100% satisfied with our service, we'll give you a complete refund (no hard feelings, promise). Check out our other service guarantees.
Cost to install a smart thermostat in Florida
Major factors that affect price
- Brand and model: The smart thermostat make and model will significantly impact your installation costs. Red Cap Plumbing, Air & Electric has various options to choose from, some being more feature-rich than others. We'll help you find the right thermostat for your budget.
- Additional features: Some smart thermostat models have additional features with more complexity, which will cost more to install. For example, voice control, enhanced display, or geofencing can increase installation costs.
- Need for a C-wire: A C-wire powers your smart thermostat, but not every home has one already installed, especially if you have an old thermostat. If you require a C-wire installation, this will add to the project's overall cost.
- DIY versus professional installation: While installing a smart thermostat by yourself may seem simple, hiring a professional technician ensures that the wiring is safely installed. It's critical that the thermostat properly works as it keeps your HVAC system functioning during hot, humid days in Florida.
Want an accurate price?
Contact us for a FREE in-home consultation. Our trained and certified technicians will give you an honest, upfront quote for your smart thermostat installation. We stick to our estimates—every time.
How it works
Your smart thermostat install in 5 simple steps:
Schedule a FREE consultation
Contact us at (813) 963-3056 (Tampa) or (727) 474-8287 (Pinellas) for a free, no-obligation smart thermostat installation estimate. We'll send a consultant to your home to inspect your current HVAC system and discuss smart thermostat options.
Get an arrival call
Your consultant will call you when they're close to arriving at your home. If we aren't on time, we'll credit you $100 towards a current or future service.
Beyond an on-time guarantee, we also provide other service guarantees. When you choose Red Cap Plumbing, Air & Electric to install your smart thermostat, you know you're choosing high-quality workmanship. We strive to treat Florida homeowners like part of our family, and part of that goal means backing up our work with strong warranties and guarantees to provide you with peace of mind.
Discuss your needs
During your in-home estimate, your consultant will inspect your current HVAC system and recommend smart thermostat options based on energy-efficiency needs and budget. We'll help you choose the best smart thermostat brand and model for your system and home comfort.
We install the following smart thermostat brands: Lennox, Nest, Ecobee, Honeywell.
Get upfront pricing
We'll provide pressure-free pricing for each smart thermostat option. You'll know exactly how much you'll pay for the equipment and labor time before any work begins. And we stick with our estimates every time.
Relax while we install
Your highly-trained installation technicians will review the process with you, place down floor protection, and install your smart thermostat. They will disconnect and dispose of your old thermostat, install a smart thermostat, test it to ensure it's working properly, and clean up their work area before leaving your Tampa or Pinellas home. It takes us 1-2 hours on average to complete a smart thermostat installation, including setting up WiFi with the customer.
Check out our smart thermostat install reviews—we insist!
Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
Enjoy the Convenient Features of a Smart Thermostat
- Better home comfort: A smart thermostat will automatically adjust your indoor temperature over time based on your living habits to reduce energy consumption. It will consider humidity levels and indoor air quality when changing the temperature to maintain your comfort so that 70°F always feels like 70°F no matter the outdoor temperature.
- Convenient temperature control: With geofencing capabilities, a smart thermostat will know to change the temperature before you return home. You can also remotely monitor and change your indoor temperature from a smartphone app.
- Helpful display: Smart thermostat displays have motion sensors so you can easily read the screen in the middle of the night. Many will include live weather data, real-time energy usage reports, and tips.
- Alerts and notifications: The smart thermostat will alert you if a system check, air filter replacement, or repair is needed.